March 9, 1943 - January 17, 2008
- Born: March 9, 1943 in Chicago, Illinois
- Died: January 17, 2008 in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Learned the rules of chess at age 6!: 1949
- First recorded chess tournament game: July 1955
- International Grandmaster title: 1958
- U.S. Champion eight times in eight attempts!: 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1966
- Winner of: every tournament and match in which he participated from December, 1962 through World Championship match 1972 with the exceptions of Capablanca Memorial, 1965, (2nd place - ½ point behind Smyslov), and Piatigorsky Cup, 1966, (2nd place - ½ point behind Spassky).
- Bobby Fischer's tournament and match results: 415 wins, 248 draws and 85 losses out of 748 games played from 1955 through 1992 for a performance average of .721 or 72.1%
- Fischer's highest achieved rating: 2785 ELO.
Here is a tribute to American chess genius Bobby Fischer - a collection of recently published articles from the Philippines.
- World Chess Champion Bobby Fischer Dies
- Kasparov: Fischer Was One of the Greats
- Fischer Eyed Final Big Match with Kasparov
- Fischer's 1972 Match was Cold War Battle
- Why Bobby Fischer Loved RP, Filipinos
- Fischer Has A Pinoy Heir Born in Baguio
- Fischer's First Filipino Friend: He Was Very Special
- Free Bobby Fischer: Eugene Torre Asks Japanese
- Chess Legend Fischer Says He Fears for His Life
- Chess Genius In Jail
- Bobby Fischer Attacks US, Japan for Continued Detention
- Bobby Fischer, 64
- From American Hero to Paranoid Fugitive
- Chess Legend Bobby Fischer Dead
*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)